With Christoph Heinrich, Frederick and Jan Mayer Director of the Denver Art Museum; Erin Ross, Senior Project Manager; Andrea Kalivas Fulton, Deputy Director and Chief Strategy Officer; and Chris Grundy, President of Grundy Construction Management and Consulting.
Underneath the dazzling spaces and designs of the Martin Building lies a wealth of unseen secrets. Join museum staff who worked closely with the construction team and step into the belly of the beast in this visual hard hat tour.
Get a glimpse of the goings-on that few had access to and learn about engineering feats like the Sie Welcome Center’s special curved glass panels, adventures in debris removal, creative solutions around elevator shafts, and more.
Once you meet the Martin Building at its core, you’ll never look at the building the same way again.
The Insight: Meet the Martin Building Series includes four sessions:
- March 15, 2022: A View From Under the Hard Hat
- May 3, 2022: Holding Up: Stories from Conservation
- July 12, 2022: Mission Impossible: Planning for the New Galleries
- September 27, 2022: In Dialogue: Indigenous Voices in the Galleries
- Museum Friends
Please note: tickets to this talk do not include museum admission.
- Occurs monthly on Tuesday.Mindful Looking
Next is –
- –Month of Photography Lecture: Renluka Maharaj