- Alfred Sisley, 1839-1899
- Work Locations: France
MediumPen and black ink over traces of graphite on ivory wove paper
Credit LineThe Esmond Bradley Martin Collection
Alfred Sisley. Moret-sur-Loing. 1892. Pen and black ink over traces of graphite on ivory wove paper. The Esmond Bradley Martin Collection. 2019.589.
Dimensionssight height: 9 1/2 in, 24.1300 cm; sight width: 12 1/2 in, 31.7500 cm; frame height: 17.5 in, 44.4500 cm; frame width: 20.5 in, 52.0700 cm; frame depth: .875 in, 2.2225 cm; overall height: 9.3307 in, 23.70 cm; overall length: 12.5197 in, 31.80 cm; height
InscriptionSigned, dated, and inscribed by the artist at lower left in pen and black ink, Sisley–92 / Vue de Moret
DepartmentEuropean and American Art Before 1900
CollectionEuropean Painting and Sculpture before 1900
Known ProvenanceMadame Fernand Dietsh-Sisley, née Jeanne Sisley (1870– 1919), daughter of the artist, Paris; her estate sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, June 3, 1919, lot 30; private collection, Paris (by 1971); with Wildenstein, New York; from which acquired by Esmond Bradley Martin [1941–2018], 2009; gifted to the Denver Art Museum, 2019.
- "Masterworks on Paper"—Wildenstein, New York, 09/15-10/16/1975 (no catalogue)
- "French Drawings, XVI-XIX Century"—Wildenstein, London, 06/20-07/14/1979 (no catalogue)
- "Cabinet des Dessins: French Master Drawings XVIth-XIXth Century"—Wildenstein, London, 06/03-07/30/1993, no. 39 (checklist)
- "River Scenes of France: Paintings and Drawings of the 19th and 20th Centuries"—Wildenstein, New York, 11/10-12/19/1998 (no catalogue)
- "French Drawings, Watercolors, and Pastels"—Wildenstein, New York, 01/05-04/16/2004 (no catalogue)
- "Passport to Paris"—Denver Art Museum, 10/27/2013–02/09/2014