The Road to Calvary
- Baltasar de Echave Ibía, Mexican, c. 1585-1643
- Work Locations: Mexico
- Active Years: 1604-1643
MediumOil on copper
Credit LineGift of the Collection of Frederick and Jan Mayer
Baltasar de Echave Ibía, The Road to Calvary, 1638. Oil paint on copper; 16¾ x 16⅞ in. Gift of the Collection of Frederick and Jan Mayer, 2013.398.
Dimensionsimage height: 16 3/8 in, 41.5925 cm; image width: 16 3/8 in, 41.5925 cm; frame height: 25 in, 63.5000 cm; frame width: 25 in, 63.5000 cm; frame depth: 3 in, 7.6200 cm
InscriptionArtist's name in BLC; artist's name and date in BRC.
DepartmentMayer Center, Latin American Art
CollectionLatin American Art
This object is currently on view
Known ProvenanceProvenance research is on-going at the Denver Art Museum. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions, or if you have additional information to share with us.
- "Splendors of the Golden Age," Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, November 1985 - January 1990
- Exhibited "Splendors of Baroque Mexico," Denver Art Museum, December 1, 1985 - January 27, 1986
- "Painting a New World: Mexican Art and Life, 1521-1821" Meadows Museum, Dallas, TX, 2004
- "Patronato, Painting from Baroque Mexico: Selected Works from the Collection of Frederick and Jan Mayer," 2005, Tucson Museum of Art, Tucson, AZ
- "Collecting a New World: Spanish Colonial Art from the Jan and Frederick R. Mayer Collection," Apr 2-May 14, 2005, Lamont Gallery, Phillips Exeter Academy
- "The Arts in Latin America, 1492 - 1820," Philadelphia Museum of Art, Sept. 2006 - Sept. 2007 and August 5, 2007-October 28, 2007, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, CA