- Stacey Steers, American, 1954-
- Born: Denver, CO
- Work Locations: Boulder, CO
Inside Stacey Steers’s fully furnished Victorian dollhouse, miniature TVs play excerpts from Night Hunter, the artist’s meticulously crafted film composed of more than 4,000 collages she hand made. In the film, Steers has pitted early cinema star Lillian Gish against slithering worms, menacing snakes, and pulsating eggs—foes not found in the original silent film.
© Stacey Steers
- "Stacey Steers: Night Hunter (FUSEBOX)"--Denver Art Museum, 2/11/2011 - 8/2/2011
- "Showing Off: Recent Modern and Contemporary Acquisitions"--Denver Art Museum, 5/17/2015 - 4/3/2016
- “Disruption: Works from the Vicki and Kent Logan Collection” — Denver Art Museum, 1/13/2022
Some images in our online collection are at thumbnail size, in accordance with AAMD guidelines, because they are protected by copyright. The Denver Art Museum respects the rights of artists or their representatives who retain the copyright to their work. Other images represent the best photography available and should be used as reference images only. Please complete the Image Rights Request form if you want to request a high resolution image.