Max, Rabenkrahe & Schere
- Pia Stadtbäumer, German, 1959-
- Born: Münster, Germany
- Work Locations: Düsseldorf, Germany, Hamburg, Germany
Born in Muenster in 1959, Stadtbäumer lives in Düsseldorf, where she attended the fine arts academy. The artist’s sculptures depart from the traditional three-dimensional rendering of the human body to express universal, yet absolutely contemporary, questions about identity, sexuality, disease, and violence. For inspiration the artist uses friends or people from her own family circle, but by employing photographs rather than models she moves away from the subjects’ specificity.
- "Retrospectacle: 25 Years of Collecting Modern and Contemporary Art"—Denver Art Museum, 11/16/2002 - 08/03/2003
- "Focus: The Figure"—Denver Art Museum, 08/09/2008 - 02/2011
- “Stampede: Animals in Art” — Denver Art Museum, 9/10/2017