- Alfred Jacob Miller, American, 1810-1874
- Born: Baltimore, MD
Alfred Jacob Miller, The Scalplock, about 1850. Oil on canvas; 35 x 27 1/4 in.
Denver Art Museum: William Sr. and Dorothy Harmsen Collection, 2001.459
- "The Mythology of the American West"—Musee des beaux-arts, Rouen, 09/28/2007 - 01/07/2008
- Musee des beaux-arts, Rennes, 02/16/2008 - 05/13/2008
- Centre de la Vieille-Charite, Marseille, 06/06/2008 - 08/03/2008
- "BackStory: Western American Art in Context"—History Colorado, 3/18/2017 - 2/11/2018
Some images in our online collection are at thumbnail size, in accordance with AAMD guidelines, because they are protected by copyright. The Denver Art Museum respects the rights of artists or their representatives who retain the copyright to their work. Other images represent the best photography available and should be used as reference images only. Please complete the Image Rights Request form if you want to request a high resolution image.