- N.C. Wyeth, American, 1882-1945
N. C. Wyeth, Gunfight, about 1916. Oil on canvas; 33 ½ x 24 5/8 in.
William Sr. and Dorothy Harmsen Collection, 2001.443
- "One Hundred Western Paintings from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. William D. Harmsen"—Colorado Springs Fine Art Center, 10/6/1972 - 11/5/1972
- "N.C.Wyeth's Wild West"—Brandywine River Museum, 9/8/1990 - 11/8/1990
- "The Harmsen Collection of Western Art: Celebrating the Taos Influence"—Phippen Museum of Western Art, 4/22/1994 - 8/2/1994
- "The Mythology of the American West"—Musee des beaux-arts, Rouen, 09/28/2007 - 01/07/2008
- Musee des beaux-arts, Rennes, 02/16/2008 - 05/13/2008
- Centre de la Vieille-Charite, Marseille, 06/06/2008 - 08/03/2008
- “The Western: An Epic in Art and Film” — Denver Art Museum, 5/28/2017 – 9/9/2017
- "Once Upon a Time...The Western: A New Frontier in Art and Film"—Montreal Museum of Fine Art: 10/9/2017 - 1/21/2018
Some images in our online collection are at thumbnail size, in accordance with AAMD guidelines, because they are protected by copyright. The Denver Art Museum respects the rights of artists or their representatives who retain the copyright to their work. Other images represent the best photography available and should be used as reference images only. Please complete the Image Rights Request form if you want to request a high resolution image.