Landscape with Twin Trees
- Gustave Courbet, French, 1819-1877
- Born: Ornans, France
Oil paint on canvas
The T. Edward and Tullah Hanley Memorial Gift for the People of Denver and the area
Gustave Courbet (French). Landscape with Twin Trees. about 1845-1860. Oil paint on canvas. The T. Edward and Tullah Hanley Memorial Gift for the People of Denver and the area. 1974.351.
This object is currently on view
Dimensionsimage height: 31.25 in, 79.3750 cm; image width: 25.125 in, 63.8175 cm; frame height: 39.5 in, 100.3300 cm; frame width: 33.25 in, 84.4550 cm; frame depth: 2.5 in, 6.3500 cm
Inscription[lower left] G. Courbet
DepartmentEuropean and American Art Before 1900
CollectionEuropean Painting and Sculpture before 1900
Known ProvenanceCollection of Fernand Goossens, Professor of Fine Arts, University of Brussels. (LeRoy Ireland [1889–1970], New York), no. 301. Purchase, T. Edward Hanley [1893–1969], February 17, 1940; gifted to the Denver Art Museum, 1974.
- "Selections from the Collection of Dr. and Mrs. T. Edward Hanley, Bradford, Pennsylvania"—Gallery of Modern Art Including the Huntington Hartford Collection, NY, 01/03/1967–03/12/1967, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 04/06–05/28/1967, Denver Art Museum, 02/22/1968–04/30/1968
- "Works from the Hanley Collection at Canisius College"—Canisius College, Buffalo, NY, 11/23/1969–12/23/1969
- "Painting in Paris, 1840–1950"—Denver Art Museum, 01/30/1993–05/30/1993, Hatton Gallery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 07/30/1993–09/12/1993, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, 09/17/1993–11/28/1993
- "Nature as Muse: Impressionist Landscapes from the Frederic C. Hamilton Collection and the Denver Art Museum"—Denver Art Museum, 10/27/2013 - 02/09/2014