- Carlo Crivelli, Italian, 1430-1498
- Born: Venice, Italy
- Work Locations: Marches region
Oil paint and tempera on panel
The Simon Guggenheim Memorial Collection
Carlo Crivelli (Italian). Four Saints. 1488-1490. Oil paint and tempera on panel. The Simon Guggenheim Memorial Collection. 1956.92.
Dimensionsoverall height: 25 1/2 in, 64.7700 cm; overall width: 24 1/4 in, 61.5950 cm; frame height: 34.25 in, 86.9950 cm; frame width: 33 in, 83.8200 cm; frame depth: 5 in, 12.7000 cm; image height: 17 1/2 in, 44.4500 cm; image width: 4 1/8 in, 10.4775 cm
DepartmentEuropean and American Art Before 1900
CollectionEuropean Painting and Sculpture before 1900
Known ProvenanceCathedral of Camerino (Marche region), Italy. Count Gregorio Stroganoff [Grigorij Sergeevič Stroganoff, 1829-1910], Rome; his daughter, Princess Maria Grigorievna Scherbatoff, and her children, Prince Vladimir Alekseevich and Princess Aleksandra Alekseevna, Palazzo Stroganov, Rome, 1910 - 1920 [all three d. 1920]; possibly, Elena Scherbatoff [arrives in Rome in 1920, widow of Prince Vladimir Alekseevich, grandson of Count Gregorio Stroganoff, marries in Rome Prince Vadim Wolkonskij];^ Giorgio Sangiorgi (Galleria Sangiorgi) and (Contini), Rome, by 1926; purchased 1926 from (Contini-Bonacossi) by Mr. Simon [1867-1941] and Mrs. Olga [1877-1970] Guggenheim, New York; gifted in trust 1956 by Mrs. Olga Guggenheim to the Denver Art Museum.
- "I Crivelli che arrivarono a Brera"—Pinacoteca di Brera, 11/25/2009 - 03/28/2010
- "Glory of Venice: Masterworks of the Renaissance"—Denver Art Museum, 10/02/2016 - 02/12/2017
- "Glory of Venice: Renaissance Paintings 1470–1520"—North Carolina Museum of Art, 03/04/2017 - 06/18/2017