How to Talk About & Observe Art Together
- Ask questions:
- What is the first thing you see in the painting?
- Does this artwork remind you of any place you have been?
- Have fun!
- Pose like the people, shapes, or lines you see.
- Make up a story.
- Imagine what you would hear, smell, or feel if you were in the art.
- Create memories
- Let your children choose what interests them.
- Take time exploring. You don’t have to see the entire museum in one visit!
- It’s ok if you don’t know much about art.
Free for Kids
General admission is free to all youth age 18 and under every day, granting more kids access to art than ever before. The Free for Kids program funds general admission for all children annually and enables the museum to offer $5 youth pricing for ticketed exhibitions.