Art can explore who we are as people in countless ways. Personal topics, stories and experiences are transcendent and universally connect us all. What does art help you understand about yourself and others?
Print out this scavenger hunt or insert it into the learning management system of your choice to create an interactive activity prompting kids to look closely at the artworks found in the object gallery below.
Galería de objetos
- Bently SpangModern Warrior Series: War Shirt #4 - National Sacrifice
- Valentina Gonzalez WohlersPrickly Pair Chair, Gentleman Style
- Haruta Katsumitsu, Juryo MitsumasaSuit of Armor and Helmet
- unknown makerVirgin of the Victory of Málaga (Nuestra Señora de la Victoria de Málaga)Late 1600s or 1700s
- Beverly Semmes, United StatesFour Purple Velvet Bathrobes1991
- Moyo OgundipeSoliloquy: Life's Fragile Fictions
- Daniel SprickRelease Your Plans
- Thomas ColeDream of Arcadia
Web Quest Resources
The DAM established Creativity Resource thanks to a generous grant from the Morgridge Family Foundation. Featured activities are supported by funding from the Tuchman Family Foundation, The Freeman Foundation, The Virginia W. Hill Foundation, Sidney E. Frank Foundation – Colorado Fund, Colorado Creative Industries, Margulf Foundation, Riverfront Park Community Foundation, Lorraine and Harley Higbie, an anonymous donor, and the residents who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD). Special thanks to our colleagues at the University of Denver Morgridge College of Education. The Free for Kids program at the Denver Art Museum is made possible by Scott Reiman with support from Bellco Credit Union.