- Have one basket with twist ties or cut up pipe cleaners in a center and another basket of cut up card stock shapes (cereal boxes are great for this!) Hole punches should also be available nearby.
- Let children explore with materials, figuring out how to string pieces together. They can each make their own individual piece, or attach them all together as a group to hang on the wall.
- How could you add another piece to what you’ve already made?
- How long can you make it? How wide?
- How could we hang all of our pieces together?
- How could you make a pattern with the pieces?
TIP: Practice in small groups before placing it in a self-led center. Introduce students to the materials during circle time or another daily routine.
Related Creative Activities
Inspired by ¿Being Home? Rupprecht Matthies, 2009.