Enjoy a NEW way to access your Denver Art Museum membership! Members now have the option to download a digital membership card to their smartphone, which offers a convenient, more eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic cards.
Once downloaded to your smartphone, your digital membership card will automatically update each year when you renew. Plus, digital membership cards provide quick links to our website, contact information, and an overview of benefits—all at your fingertips!
What are digital membership cards?
A digital membership card is a card that you can download that details your membership information. Essentially, a digital membership card is the same as your printed card, however it offers a more convenient, environmentally friendly, and touchless way to visit the museum. With a digital membership card, you don’t have to worry about ever misplacing your printed membership card again!
How do I use my digital membership card?
Your digital membership card is unique to your membership and displays your name, membership level, member ID, expiration date, and a barcode for us to scan. Simply pull up your digital membership card on your phone and show it to our staff at the visitor services desk during your next visit.
Why should I consider using a digital membership card?
Digital membership cards offer a more convenient and environmentally friendly alternative to printing and mailing cards to all of our members. Plus, just pull up your card at the visitor services desk when you arrive and we’ll scan it–for a completely touch free check-in experience. Digital cards also provide an overview of all your benefits, helpful links, and other contact information right at your fingertips.
What if I prefer a plastic membership card?
If you are an existing member, you do not need to do anything; you may continue to keep using your existing plastic membership card. By default, all new members will receive a digital membership card sent to the primary email address you provide. If you prefer a plastic membership card, please contact us at 720-913-0130. Or, simply stop by the visitor services desk in the Hamilton Building during your next visit and we can print one out for you.
I would prefer not to use this digital membership card, what should I do?
You do not need to do anything. You may continue to keep using your existing plastic membership card.
How do I access my digital membership card?
Digital membership cards will be sent to the primary email on the membership account. Open the email on your mobile device and follow the instructions to download the card to your smartphone wallet. Primary cardholders may also share the card with a secondary (or additional named people on their membership account) cardholder by using the share feature or simply forwarding the email to them.
I am not sure I received my digital membership card. Can you resend it?
If you don’t receive an email or are unable to find it, please contact us at email@example.com or 720-913-0130 for a new email with link.
How do I download my digital membership card to my iPhone or Android phone?
Review our videos and step-by-step instructions on how to download your digital membership card to your smartphone wallet.
I don’t have a mobile phone, what can I do?
You may continue to use your physical membership card.
I have a question about my membership benefits.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-913-0130.
My name is spelled wrong or my membership level is incorrect.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 720-913-0130.
How will my reciprocal benefits work when visiting other museums?
We have contacted all partnering institutions and have informed them of our new digital membership cards. Simply show your digital membership card and ID at participating museums to receive free or reduced admission.
I have a dual or higher level membership or higher. Where is my second card?
At this time, we are only sending digital membership cards to the primary email address in our records. Members can then forward the email or use the share feature of the wallet app to ensure that secondary cardholders receive their digital membership card if desired. Note that only the primary cardholders name will appear on any shared cards. To share, follow these instructions:
- Android: Navigate to the back of the card (tap on the small "i" on the front) and use the “Share Pass” button to send the card to your secondary member.
- iOS: Navigate to the back of the card (tap on the "..." button on the front), then tap on the share icon at the top right to send the card to your secondary member.
- If you are an iOS user, you will find the share icon at the top right on the back of the card. You may also simply forward your original email with the “Download Digital Membership” button to another cardholder.
I downloaded my card but I can’t find it.
If you have an iPhone, the card will automatically download to Apple Wallet. Check the app for your new card (scroll through any cards that are already there--it may be hiding or you may have opened it from your lock screen; remember that it needs to be opened in the app itself). If you have an Android, you’ll need to download Wallet Passes from the Play Store prior to downloading the card.
What about my single-use guest passes?
At this time we do not have a way of accessing your single-use guest passes through your digital card. However, you can now access your guest passes online. The next time you log into your member account to reserve general admission tickets, you will see the option to reserve a "One-Time-Use Guest Pass Adult" ticket(s) (quantity varies by level) for you to redeem when ready. Then, when you renew your membership, your guest passes will automatically be uploaded to your online account, so you can access them whenever you want.
Will my digital card update when I renew my membership?
Yes! After your membership has been fully processed your digital card will automatically update with your new expiration date, and any name changes you requested. Please allow up to two weeks for processing. You only have to download the card once!
Is there a certain browser that works best to download my digital membership card?
Yes, we recommend Google Chrome or Safari. Not all web browsers support certain web pages and allow you to download the card.
I have downloaded my digital membership card, but now I can’t figure out how to share it or turn the card over to see my benefits.
More often than not when this happens, you are viewing the card from your phone lock screen. Instead, remember to access your card directly from the Wallet app (and not from your phone lock screen).
I bought a gift membership. Will my recipient receive a digital membership card?
Currently, digital membership cards are not an option for gift membership purchases. Once the gift recipient has received their membership packet they may request a digital membership card by contacting 720-913-0130.
How to Download Your Digital Membership Card
Instructions for iPhone users:
- Open the email you received about your digital card on your smartphone.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the email and look for the button that says "Download Membership Card." Tap this button and a page in your browser will open with an "Add to Wallet" button. Tap this button and then tap "Add" at the top right corner of your screen to save the card to your app.
- You can now close the page, by tapping "Done" in the top left corner.
- To use your card, return to your home screen. Then navigate to the Wallet app, which is pre-installed on all iOS devices. If you don’t see your Wallet App, swipe left until you see a search bar on your screen. Type "Wallet" into the search bar and click the wallet icon that appears under applications. Your DAM membership card will be in the wallet’s contents. If your digital membership card isn’t the first thing you see when you open your Wallet app, swipe right or left to scroll until you see your membership card.
The invitation to download a digital membership card will only be sent to the primary contact’s email address on file. To share it, you will either need to forward the email or use the share feature of the wallet app to ensure that secondary cardholders receive their digital membership card if desired.
To share a digital card you've already downloaded, follow these steps:
- Tap the button located either at the top right or bottom right of the card you want to share.
- Look for the "Share Pass" option. Tap this to send the card via text message or email to the secondary cardholder.
- Once the message has been received, the second cardholder will need to open the attachment of the digital card.
- Once the attachment has been opened, tap "Add" to save the card on their device.
- Now you are ready to present your digital card at the visitor services desk when you visit the museum. Please remember, your membership benefits are nontransferable.
Instructions for Android users:
- If you haven’t already, download the WalletPasses app from Google Play.
- When you’ve installed the app, open the email you received with your digital card on your smartphone.
- Follow the same steps as iPhone users.
Questions? Contact Us
Still have questions? Do you need help downloading your card or need to update your account? Give us a call or drop us an email and we would be happy to assist.
You can contact the Denver Art Museum’s Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 720-913-0130 between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm.