2. You are inspired by world-class exhibitions and are eager for opportunities to learn about the artists, exhibition themes, and historical contexts of the works on view.
In addition to FREE admission to talks by curators, scholars, and artists, Museum Friends can take advantage of priority registration and deeper discounts to all lifelong learning programs, including in-depth exhibition courses, creative classes, and symposia.
3. You crave connections with other like-minded art enthusiasts who share your interests and passion for the DAM.
When you join Museum Friends, choose one of nine departments of interest (listed below) that correspond to the DAM’s collections and receive at least three invitations per year to department-specific social events. These enriching programs allow you to get closer not only to the art, but to a community of other members who share your level of enthusiasm for the DAM.
- Friends of Architecture and Design
- Friends of Art of the Ancient Americas and Latin American Art
- Friends of Asian Art
- Friends of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Friends of Native Arts
- Friends of Painting and Sculpture
- Friends of Photography
- Friends of Textile Art and Fashion
- Friends of Western American Art
Examples of department-specific events includes private receptions with visiting scholars and artists, conversations with distinguished collectors and DAM curators, the chance to see conservation projects up close, and the chance to meet new curators during special meet-and-greets.
Not sure which department to choose? You can always change your selected department of interest or add access to one (or more!) departments of interest for additional opportunities and events (add access for $75 for one person, or $125 for two people per additional department of interest).
4. You want to be among the first to explore unique DAM content, insider moments, and register for museum programs in advance.
In addition to your usual monthly member email and bimonthly member magazine On & Off the Wall, Museum Friends receive quarterly e-newsletters teeming with the latest museum news, from press coverage to recent acquisitions, Museum Friends are always in the know about what’s happening at the DAM.
Don’t miss your chance to be among the first to experience the newly renovated Martin Building during the Museum Friends Special Viewing event during the Member Preview on October 21. Hear remarks from curators in the new galleries, explore new creative spaces, and enjoy light refreshments and the chance to meet and mingle with other Museum Friends before the Martin Building opens to the public on October 24.
5. You’re ready to increase your level of support and deepen your engagement with the museum and all we have to offer.
Thanks to the generous support of our members and Museum Friends, the DAM can carry out our mission to enrich the lives of present and future generations through the preservation and presentation of works of art supported by exemplary public programs that educate and inspire. Your support is more meaningful than ever, and by choosing to be part of Museum Friends you can help the museum continue this vital mission while enriching your life through a shared love of art.