With Gina Laurin, Associate Director of Conservation; Spencer Alred, Mountmaker Manager; Allison McCloskey, Senior Textile Conservator; and Aaron Burgess, Associate Objects Conservator.
How did the DAM conservation team care for artworks during closure and prepare them for their display in the Martin Building? Learn how one particular object "held up" amidst construction conditions in her own special climate-controlled “condo,” how conservators prepared artworks for their display in the new galleries, and just what “holds them up” throughout the building.
Plus, take a peek at the purpose-built Martin Conservation Laboratory to see where some of the magic happens.
The Insight: Meet the Martin Building Series includes four sessions:
- March 15, 2022: A View From Under the Hard Hat
- May 3, 2022: Holding Up: Stories from Conservation
- July 12, 2022: Mission Impossible: Planning for the New Galleries
- September 27, 2022: In Dialogue: Indigenous Voices in the Galleries
- Museum Friends
Please note: tickets to this talk do not include museum admission.
- –Mission Impossible: Planning for the New GalleriesSession 3 of the Insight: Meet the Martin Building Series
- –Demonstrating Artist: Alanna Austin