Untitled #46 (Cipher)
DAM's monthly mixed media late night continues in April with a look at artists’ hidden meanings, codes and the good ol’ fashioned puzzle at Untitled #46 (Cipher). Here's what you can plan to get lost in at this Untitled:
- Read My Pins: The Madeleine Albright Collection (Level 1, Hamilton Building) and Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective (Level 2, Hamilton Building, special exhibition ticket required)
- The bands are back! DJ Jonny D. spins tunes in the atrium, all night. School Knights and Sauna start at 7:15 on the Duncan stage on Level 2 in the North Building.
- Make Your Pin (And Choose Wisely): Create your own cryptic emblem with Denver Public Library’s Fresh City Life. Be warned, your choice of badge may trigger unusual happenings and mysterious messages throughout the night.
- MakeARTtalk: Kagen Schaefer and Pattern Scavenger Hunt (Location a mystery, start in the Hamilton atrium) Master puzzle box maker Kagen Schaefer is somewhere in the DAM galleries, waiting for you to unlock his cipher table. Unlock the pattern scavenger hunt to hunt down his location (and remember those motifs for his puzzle!).
- Detour: Secret Glances (Meet by the elevators, Level 6, North Building) Giulia Bernardini, the art enchantress, reveals the secrets of body language in the European art collection.
- Buntport Theater’s Joan and Charlie Discuss Tonight’s Theme (Freight Elevator Pool, Level 3, Hamilton Building) Joan and Charlie try to crack the code of love in tonight’s sitcom.
- Decoding Opera: Central City Opera interprets opera like you’ve never seen before, performing arias and duets in the Bubbaloo with interactive flashcards and descending upon visitors in a series of spontaneous acts around the museum.
- Mini-Talking to: Hidden Messages (Meet outside the Gallagher Family Gallery, Level 1, Hamilton Building) Melora McDermott-Lewis, Director of Education, shares intriguing finds in the exhibition, Read My Pins: The Madeleine Albright Collection.
On the final Fridays of the month, from 6 to 10 pm, the DAM is less like a field trip and more like a night out with offbeat art encounters, unusual tours, local bands, munchies, and more.
Untitled is included with general admission to the museum, which is two-for-one with valid student ID during the event. Cash bar. Find information about the Untitled program and the rest of its 2012 lineup.
Made possible by the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD). Catering provided by Kevin Taylor.