Spring Break: Marvelously Modern
What is modern? Come explore through artist demonstrations, artmaking in the galleries, gallery performances with Buntport Theater and Central City Opera, and other surprises throughout the break. Studios, Create-n-Takes, and Family Activity Cart are open every day. Kids and families can:
- Dress up like an Inca king or queen.
- Decorate your own Maori mask and transform into a clever magician.
- Discover how people carried small treasures long ago and sew your own pouch.
- Make your own personally designed box to hold keepsakes, mysteries, and special things.
- Check out what's brand new in the Kids Corner and more!
March 29 through April 6 (closed Mondays)
Buntport Theater Performances
Watch a museum theater performance by Buntport Theater and help decide “what is art?”
- Wednesday, April 2 (11 am & 1 pm) Friday, April 4 (1 pm & 3 pm) Saturday, April 5 (11 am)
- Wednesday and Friday: Freight Elevator Level 1, Hamilton Building
- Saturday: Lower Level Lobby, Hamilton Building
Central City Opera Performance
Explore when opera and art go “modern” with a performance by Central City Opera.
Sunday, March 30 (1–3 pm), Ponti Hall, North Building
All spring break activities are included in museum admission, and kids 18 and younger receive free general admission.