Palettes Offers Passport to Paris-Inspired Menu
Santé (cheers) to an evening of art, wine, and fine dining! Palettes, the on-site restaurant at the Denver Art Museum (DAM), designed a unique French tasting menu to celebrate the museum’s current exhibition Passport to Paris.
Inspired by acclaimed artists Claude Monet and Vincent van Gogh, Palettes owner Kevin Taylor and executive chef Austin Cueto incorporated the aesthetic of impressionist artists into creative plating and presentation of their own delectable masterpieces.
“To accompany every major Denver Art Museum exhibit, Palettes creates a tasting menu aimed to complement the art that is showcased,” Cueto says. “This particular menu utilizes seasonal Colorado ingredients to create dishes with an aesthetic inspired by Monet's impressionistic landscapes and pastel colors, as well as Van Gogh's French countrysides.”
Palettes is offering a three-course prix fixe of the French tasting menu for $28. For $45, you can pair the three-course prix fixe with wine. The menu is available through February 9, when Passport to Paris closes.
Here is a sneak peek at the menu:
- Warm fall vegetable salad, endive, glazed butternut squash, pears, chèvre, sunflower seeds, cognac vinaigrette $11
- Salmon tartare, apple, and citrus salad, crispy crêpes, micro arugula, tarragon crème fraîche $13
- Herb brick natural chicken, French carrots, fava beans, heirloom potatoes, beurre rouge $15
- Seared diver scallops, cauliflower crab raviolis, asparagus, chanterelles, blood orange, shellfish velouté $19
- Green apple tatin, calvados caramel, almond florentine, toasted nougat, cider ice cream $10
- Chocolate layered gateau, shortbreads, raspberry sorbet, coconut coulis $10
Bottomless bubbles $12
- Côté Mas Crémant de Limoux Rosé, Languedoc Brut NV $9/$31
- Côté Mas Crémant de Limoux, Languedoc Brut NV $9/$31
- Mont Gravet Colombard, Côtes du Gascogne 2012 $8/$27
- Trimbach Pinot Blanc, Alsace 2009 $9/$31
- Domaine Talmard Mâcon-Chardonnay 2011 $10/$35
- Paul Mas Estate Pinot Noir, Sud de France 2012 $9/$31
- Domaine Laroque Cabernet Franc, La Cité de Carcassonne 2012 $8/$27
- Château Lamargue “Les Grand Cabanes” Syrah, Rhône 2008 $9/$31