Event Rental & Services
The Denver Art Museum’s iconic architecture provides an exceptional backdrop for a wide variety of special events including receptions, lectures, and keynote addresses. With on-site catering from celebrated chef/restaurateur Kevin Taylor and a seasoned event staff, we provide an unparalleled experience for you and your guests.
We offer special rates for nonprofit organizations. Additional fees are required for audio-visual services. To start planning your event, contact email@example.com or 720-865-5171.
Event Spaces and Rates
Our largest event space-featuring 25-foot ceilings, parquet flooring, and large windows overlooking a private patio-is perfect for formal dinners, wedding receptions, and corporate events.
- 5,500 square feet
- Capacity: 370 seated, 500 reception, 400 lecture
- Rate: During Museum Hours $2,000; Before or After Museum Hours $4,000
Raymond T. & Sally C. Duncan Pavilion
This stunning indoor/outdoor space with wraparound windows and spectacular downtown views is perfect for a cocktail party, reception, or seated dinner.
- 3,500 square feet
- Capacity: 175 seated, 200 reception
- Rate: Before or After Museum Hours $2,000 (not available during museum hours)
Our second-largest event space is semi-private and a perfect venue for seated dinners, receptions, or lectures.
- 3,300 square feet
- Optional 21' x 21' dance floor
- Capacity: 175 seated, 225 reception, 225 lecture
- Sound system (multiple microphone capability, podium with microphone, 2,800-lumen LCD projector, 18-foot drop-down screen, zoned room lighting system, internet connection, one 220 outlet) available for an additional fee
- Rate: During Museum Hours $750; Before or After Museum Hours $1,000
Lewis I. Sharp Auditorium
Our auditorium space provides a dynamic touch for corporate meetings, keynote addresses, or lectures. Rental includes reception space in the lobby immediately outside the auditorium.
- Capacity: 266 lecture (fixed seating), plus 10 accessible spaces
- State-of-the-art sound system (multiple microphones, programmable house and theatrical lighting, 12,000-lumen LCD projector, large theater screen, podium with microphone, internet connection, 35mm/16mm film projection) available for an additional fee
- Rates: During Museum Hours $1,000; Before or After Museum Hours $1,200
El Pomar Grand Atrium
With sloping walls, beautiful black granite floors, a magnificent staircase, and access to a patio on tree-lined Martin Plaza, the atrium is a dramatic spot for weddings or receptions.
- 1,729 square feet on level 1, plus 338 square feet on level 2 (can be combined or used separately)
- Capacity: 175 seated, 350 reception (up to 3,000 guests for a reception when galleries are open
- Rate: Before or After Museum Hours $7,500 (not available during museum hours)
Connecting the museum’s two buildings and spanning 13th Avenue, this light-filled space offers stunning views of downtown Denver and the mountains. Perfect for smaller seated dinners and wedding receptions.
- Capacity: 40 seated, 75 reception
- Rate: Before or After Museum Hours $1,000 (not available during museum hours)
Outdoor Sculpture Garden
This grassy, secluded garden provides views of downtown Denver with a striking backdrop of the Gio Ponti-designed North Building, covered in more than one million ceramic tiles.
- Capacity: 275 theater/wedding ceremony, 200 seated, 300 reception
- Rate: Before, During, or After Museum Hours $1,000
We've teamed up with celebrated chef/restaurateur Kevin Taylor to provide onsite catering. From a formal dinner or appetizers for a large crowd to themed menus and specialty cocktails, Kevin Taylor Catering at the Denver Art Museum combines the freshest cuisine and the finest service for your event.
Kevin Taylor Catering at the Denver Art Museum takes pride in designing and delivering memorable events and occasions. For over 20 years, Kevin Taylor has been a name synonymous with creative cuisine in the Denver area. We are proud to bring the same attention to detail that we deliver in our restaurants to your next event.
As the exclusive caterer for the Denver Art Museum, we promise to bring our love of all things fresh and vibrant to all events, big or small, just as we do at Palettes restaurant within the museum. We are proud to offer complete menu planning, event management, and cuisine prepared from the onsite, state-of-the-art kitchen.
We have creative options for events of all shapes and sizes-an elegant affair for 150 in the restaurant, a unique wedding for 370 in Ponti Hall or an artful presentation in Schlessman Hall for 275. Please know that you and your guests will experience seasonal menus made with the finest ingredients from around the world with unparalleled service and style.
Please view our current catering guides for detailed information and pricing:
- Day Catering Guide (PDF)
- Evening Catering Guide (PDF)
- Palettes Restaurant Private Dining Guide (PDF)
If you'd like to see examples of some of our events, please see our Pinterest page.